Ethiopia: Investment related facts
- Very good climate
- A wide range of cereals, pulses, oil seeds, cash crops, fruits and vegetables can grow
- Very good climate for flower farms
- High Livestock potential: One of the first ranking countries in Africa and is among the top ten countries in the world
- Favorable Investment Policies
- Major manufacturing opportunities, as the country’s manufacturing potential is remains untapped
- With population estimated to be around 80 millions, there can be a huge potential for marketing the goods in the country itself
One of the steps taken by the government to enhance Investment in Ethiopia is the provision of Investment Incentives. This page contains details on the incentives as laid out by the Minister of Councils.
These Incentives have been taken out of
Council of Ministers Regulations No. 84/2003 or 84/1995 EC on Investment Incentives and Investment Areas Reserved for Domestic Investors and its amendment Regulation No. 146/2008 or 146/2000 EC .
However, it’s advisable that a reader gets these documents for a comprehensive understanding of the existing proclamations and regulations.